ways to foster
if you are already fostering?
If you’re already fostering for an agency or another local authority, then you have already made the important decision to open your hearts and home to children in need of a warm, stable and loving home.
If you’ve been approved as foster parents but haven’t yet had the chance to welcome a child and offer them new experiences and opportunities. Or if you are relocating from another area, get in touch with Foster Wales Carmarthenshire and learn about the support and services we can provide.
As a local authority, we have responsibility for caring for all children in need of care in Carmarthenshire. Our priority is out Foster Wales Carmarthenshire foster families. Our goal is to keep children in their communities, near their homes, so that they continue their education at the same school and stay connected to their friends and loved ones.
benefits of fostering with foster wales carmarthenshire
Fostering directly with us offers many benefits. You will benefit greatly from being an integral part of a dedicated and knowledgeable team who understand a child’s background, local resources and schools. This expertise will be invaluable to you in your role as a foster carer.
In addition, we can provide variety and flexibility, with opportunities to care for children of a wide range of ages, from babies to teenagers. By fostering directly with us you will be making a meaningful difference in the lives of children and playing a critical role in their development and well-being.
what to expect from us
By having foster carers who work directly with us we can provide what our children and foster carers really need; local support and training from a local team, plus
- Comprehensive child and carer’s allowances (including additional birthday and festival allowances)
- A support network of foster carers and peer mentors based in Carmarthenshire
- A person-centred approach to your learning and development, including online training and local training and workshops with an easy access digital resource.
- We work closely with psychology services to support our children and foster carers with therapeutic parenting techniques
- Local monthly forums, support groups and fostering events
- 24 Hour on-call service
- CADW membership for you and your family
- Access to National Trust properties in Carmarthenshire
Interested in joining us? Contact us today.